“Doing it for the Dogs” Fundraising Event
Team MADRA would like to invite you and your canine friends to join us at the Claddagh Hall on Sunday September 17th from 10am to 5pm for our Doing it for the Dogs Fundraising Event.
This is a fun family event with lots to see and do, all while raising funds for our vital rescue work, at a particularly difficult time for our charity. It will be a chance to hang out with fellow dog lovers and to chat endlessly about all things dog!
- Chip & Check We are offering a discounted microchipping for just €25. Or if your dog is already microchipped, we are offering a FREE check your chip service to make sure all your details are up to date.
- 20 min Q&A session with Stephanie from EvoKin Behaviour and Training
Do you think you and your dog would benefit from a behaviour or training consultation? Or if you want to ask a few questions about something specific that your dog is doing, why not book a 20 minute introductory chat at MADRA’s Doing it For the Dogs! We can discuss any issues you and your dog are experiencing, whether a full training or behaviour consult is needed and what this might involve.
*50% of any behaviour or training consultation booked from these slots will be donated back to MADRA. EvoKin Behaviour and Training is a Galway based business which was recently founded by Stephanie Costello. Stephanie has years of experience working with dogs, with a focus on rescue work. She is a qualified vet nurse and has completed several courses on training and behaviour.
- Learn more about dogs?
Have you ever thought that you’d like to learn more about dogs? Or maybe you’ve even considered a career working with animals? Stephanie will be offering advice on potential career pathways and training related to the animal care sector. Or if you would like to learn more about your own dog, she can also offer guidance on this as she will be expanding into Puppy Life Skill classes soon. www.facebook.com/EvoKinBehaviourAndTraining
- Dog Photography Agnes from Purpleblues Photography is a long time friend and MADRA supporter, who takes amazing photos for us at various events. Agnes is passionate about her work, pets and photography, she has kindly offered to take your dog’s photograph for a small donation (first come first served basis) You can check out Agne’s photographs on www.purplebluesphotography.com.
- Reading of Parky’s Book by Author Louise O Connor Mulhall.
“Parky Finds A New Home” is a children’s storybook to help raise awareness about rescue dogs and the amazing work rescues do. It’s a fictional story based on Parky’s search for a home. Parky is a bully breed, it’s so important to show these dogs in a positive light. They are often unfairly judged simply because of their breed or outdated thinking.
10% of the price will be donated to MADRA – Mutts Anonymous Dog Rescue and Adoption and 10% will be donated to GalwaySPCA to help raise much-needed funds.
- Snuffle mats We will have a table for you to learn how to make snuffle mats and how beneficial they are as an enrichment for your dog.
- Kid’s Corner & Face painting
- Tea/Coffee with some cakes and goodies available
- Anna’s Homemade Lemonade stand
- MADRA merchandise We will have our fabulous MADRA merchandise table with new items available, including our crafts.
- Teddy Table We will also have a Teddy table with a selection of our wonderful preloved teddies wearing Betty’s beautiful knitted sweaters who will be looking for their new homes.
- Treat your dog to a new bed, along with some new toys, lead and collars.
All funds raised on the day go directly towards funding the care of the many rescue dogs who need our assistance. Keep an eye on our social media accounts and www.madra.ie for more information.
Join us on the day to meet a community of fellow dog-lovers for some much needed fun! We are looking forward to seeing our supporters at our event! It promises to be a fun-filled day for dog lovers and their furry friends while also making a positive impact on the lives of our dogs in need. Your contribution, no matter the size, goes a long way and is essential for the day to day running of our rescue.
We would ask anyone bringing their family pet to please have them on lead/harness.